Western Sports Centre places the highest priority on the health and safety of our customers, team members and communities.
We believe it’s important to share the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe. Rest assured, we have implemented strict measures, including implementing social distancing procedures, Contactless Pick Up In Store options as well as additional hygiene and strict cleaning practices, to stay safe.
For our customers and team’s safety, we have implemented a number of Social Distancing and Cashless Payment safety practices in our stores, all strictly aligned with the latest Government and Cricket Victoria guidelines.
These practices include:
We prefer cash free payments via debit, credit or approved finance cards, via payment terminals, however - aligned with Government ease on restrictions, we can accept cash payments if that is the only way you can make your payment. If you prefer to pay by cash please see a team member or store manager and they will assist you with your purchase.
Social Distancing in store.
Markings on our floor, particularly near the store entry and payment counters, indicate safe spaces for our customers and team to stand. We are also limiting customers and team members to no more than four per aisle. We thank you for your cooperation.
Social Distancing for Services, Repairs and Cricket Bat Knocking.
We have also implemented a number of Social Distancing practices for Bat Knocking and Repair Services. You can safely drop your Cricket Bats for Repairs and Knocking.
Lane Booking and Bowling Machine.
In many cases we will be able to delay, reschedule or put into practice our new contactless safe procedures to make sure you get the products or services you and your family need.
We will continue to closely monitor Government advice and implement any changes required immediately to make ensure your in store experience is at all times safe.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE & EQUIPMENT
- Stay away if you or someone close has been unwell in the lead-up to returning to training. If you are sick and think you have symptoms of COVID-19, seek medical advice and visit the Federal Government’s Department of Health website for further information and advice.
- Regular handwashing (20 seconds minimum with soap) and use of hand sanitizer is strongly encouraged.
- Cough/sneeze into the crook of your elbow or a tissue and avoid touching your nose/eyes/mouth.
- Shaking hands and celebrations involving contact with another person (including high-fives) are not to be undertaken.
- No shining of any cricket ball with saliva at any time.
- Sharing of personal equipment and other incidentals (e.g. water bottles, towels) between players is prohibited.
- WSC will ensure to clean all door handles, taps, towel dispensers/hand dryers and toilet seats if used at a session prior to the next scheduled session taking place.
- Players to attend training sessions in appropriate training apparel and asked not to shower and/or change clothes at the venue (Only toilets will be accessible for the duration of each training session).
- WSC has plenty of bins provided and place all used tissues in bin immediately after use.
- Cricket Balls must be cleaned by trainers with alcohol-based wipes before and after training. Sharing use of balls during training should be avoided unless absolutely necessary (e.g. fielding).
- TRAINING CONDITIONS
- Groups of up to 20 people can participate in outdoor, non-contact training (not competitive matches). N.B. multiple groups of 20 people plus a coach can participate at WSC on the condition that: – Each group is fully separated at all times (e.g. one group in the nets and the other waiting outside – no mixing between groups); and – WSC facility can easily cater for multiple groups (e.g. minimal congregation will occur at entrances, exits, near toilets etc.). WSC’s upstairs room will be used during business times for waiting purpose, if required.
- Players are directed to maintain 1.5 metres social distance from others as much as possible.
- Customers are instructed to avoid warm-up activities within WSC premises where tackling or potential heavy physical contact is likely.
- Players to attend training by themselves with own means of transport (unless they reside in the same residence e.g. Parent/Child or Siblings). For Junior Players, parents/guardians are directed to keep a safe distance away from the training area (e.g. stay in the car or be at least 1.5 metres away (preferably greater) from the training group when active).
- WSC Plans on having breaks of at least 10 to 15 minutes between teams and groups training at the same venue to minimise crossover.
- TRAVEL, COMPLIANCE & COMMUNICATIONS
- WSC will host any necessary communications (e.g. meetings, planning sessions, Meet the Coach sessions) through an online platform ,hold these sessions over the phone or personally via social distancing measures.
- Attendees at all training sessions are to have their Name and Contact details recorded by WSC, with communications to players made prior to each session including access points and meeting locations.
- We request all customers and Associations that they should strongly encourage all members to download the COVID-Safe App, record members that have downloaded the app and have at least one club member undertake the Australian Government’s online COVID-19 Infection Control Training. Those people who undertake the training should be recognised as the club’s COVID-19 officer(s) to help monitor club compliance. Cricket Victoria is addressing contact tracing in its plan through recommending that all club participants download the COVIDSAFE app to their devices.
- Further updates will be communicated to Clubs and Associations when the information is released by Cricket Victoria or Victorian Government .